Tuesday, August 2, 2011

~ The Liebster Blog Award ~

Bloggity-blog fun!

Update: I'm so honored to have been nominated by three fellow bloggers!

I usually don't post weekdays, but three fellow writers have nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award! Thank you, Nancy Thompson, Amy Kennedy, and Freya Morris, for filling this blog with a happy fit of squeeing. 


"Liebster," according to Google Translate, means "favorite" or "dearest" or some such in German. Pretty awesome, especially as I turned a bit Google crazy thereafter and realized that this award isn't confined to writers. Imagine: blogs exist that do not focus on the aspiring writer's journey. No way. Who'd've thought. Anyway, I'm proud to pass on this virtual tradition, spotlighting up-and-coming bloggers, to my own awardees in the spirit of community and friendship.

The rules:
1. Thank the giver(s) and link back to the bloggers(s) who gave it to you. Nancy, Amy, Freya.... loads of thanks. Look forward to seeing you around the blog-o-sphere.
2. Reveal your five awardees and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. 
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers....
5. And have loads of bloggity blog fun!
Awardees:

1. Kara Lucas at "Playing Beethoven - thoughts on life and writing"

She's an agent-repped YA writer focusing on issue-driven contemps, a shrewd editor, a thought-provoking blogger, and a fantastic friend.


2. Cara Ruegg at "An Alleged Author"

She's a writer of YA and MG, an extremely helpful blogger who astonished me with her tenacity at commenting on new bloggers' posts. It's been a pleasure getting to know her.

3. Alexia Chamberlynn at her eponymous writer blog, "The Life and Literary Pursuits of ..."

A beautiful blog, it stunned me with equally charming writing. She's over the 200-follower quota, but I've seen the max at 300, and I'm taking liberties...

4. Jordan Alexander at "Jordan Alexander Writes - a cup of coffee and a clean blank page"

A fun Twitter conversationalist and writer with a marketing agenda and a thrill for words, Jordan deserves some Liebster spotlighting!

5. Ms. Unikorna over at "Why I Wake Up Every Day"

She's a fantastic and often seductive read with topics ranging from the personal, sweet, and familial to the down-right naughty. I've enjoyed our correspondence.



Whew! And now, credit is due to Freya for the style of this post, as I flat-out lifted it from her blog. Thanks, everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Wow thank you kindly, it is such a great honor for me to have caught your attention :). Since I am a rookie blogger I don't know exactly what I have to do further but I shall try. You most certainly brought a big idiotic smile to my face , kisses kisses on both cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - thanks for the recognition. You did a good job with taking the style of the post a step further.

    : )

    I'm glad to have found you again. I had thought I'd followed alot of people when I did the blogfest, but turns out I wasn't! : O
    Thank goodness for Deana's posts being still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, you organised your post better! I'm just going to quickly tidy mine up a bit. I lost the will to live after a few hours in the heat we are getting here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Unikorna Kisses right back! If it stresses you out, don't worry about it, since the award is all about having *fun* and sharing the love xoxo

    @Freya I'm so glad you did find me! And I you. For once I can't claim my desert is the hottest place of earth as we're basking in monsoons of late. Sending thoughts of cool weather your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks for the love, my friend! These things always seem so fun.

    Now, if I can only figure out how to link and re-create what you have done, I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Monica!

    @Kara I'm a little embarrassed about how long it took me to write this post with all its linkies. Like hours. But these blog award things are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was like Christmas in August! Thank you!

    One of the nicest things about being a writer is recognition from unexpected places.

    Sending bushels of success blessings your way Lora,as well as to my comrades in arms...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Lora! I'm so honored to receive this award!!

    There are blogs that are not about writing???? People not writing about writing? My mind is blown :)

    Thanks again! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to all the award recipients, and a great list of new Bloggers I'm excited to check out. Congrats on your award, Lora! (And I'm posting the beluga link as we speak!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout out, Lora! I hope the Liebster has resulted in higher traffic & new followers.

    I'll check out your nominees tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm doing the happy dance for you Lora! Congrats on the award:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you can stand it -- I gave you the same award! I'm glad you said your awesome post took you hours -- well, not glad, but I was having a little attack from the envy bunnies. It does look awesome, I gotta tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thank you, Deana, Nancy, Lisa, Alexia!

    And Amy, I've added you to the main blog post. I appreciate your thinking of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheesh! Like you don't deserve it. Also, I'm lovin' your awardees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much!!! *wipes tear from eye*

    ReplyDelete