Saturday, September 10, 2011

The 7X7 Link Award


Oooo, it's all sparkly and colorful!
From the lovely Nancy S. Thompson. Thank you!
You should go visit her.


Blog awards are sometimes a bit wanting in bang for buck, but I like this one. It homes in on a blogger's best posts, in her own opinion, of course. The nice thing here is that readers can easily navigate to important posts without the hassle of searches. The award requires that I list posts categorically. Hope you enjoy!!


Most Beautiful:
"Thoughts on the Eve"
A Christmastime car ride up the west coast.

Most Helpful:
"A Query Checklist"
See if your query conforms to the basic-basics.

A slew of tools for getting your writing mojo on.

Most Controversial:
On the evolution of language and literature in this age.

Most Surprisingly Successful:
    "GUTGAA Blogfest - First 200 Words Contest"
Didn't really imagine so many amazing blogfesters would be hopping over
 to help me perfect those first 200 words of Dark Mettle.

Most Underrated:
    "A Dangerous Cocktail"
Kind of a rant on the idea of love...

Most Pride-worthy:
    "Starfall 1st Draft Complete: The Writerly Rush"
First time really cracking down and finishing a WIP.


*Clears throat*
And now I hereby bestow this award upon the under-mentioned (mostly b/c they're great friends & I'd love to see their posts).

1. Kara  at Playing Beethoven
2. Jaye at Hanging on to Wonder
3. Unikorna at Why I Wake Up Every Day
4. Jen at Unedited
5. Angelina at YAScribe

Hope y'all play along!! xoxo
--Lora

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lora. I'll play. And how have I managed not to be a follower of your blog. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually really digging this post! Though I don't normally participate in these awards I'm honored you'd thought of me. I'm about two weeks full right now but I'll bookmark this for the third week so you can still see the awesome (though it'll be late). Thanks again for thinking of me! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you'll play along.

    Angelina, I've definitely done that, thinking I'm following someone and find out I'm not months later. No worries :)

    Jen, Hooray! I like how this award puts all your best posts up front. It also showed me I need to get cranking on good posts! Looking forward to seeing a list of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lora - I'll play, it will be interesting to scour my posts - mostly I feel like my blog is my place for mental hiccuping so no telling what's there!

    Jaye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be fickle? I'm not going to play - though I loved, loved, loved being thought of. I'm just feeling overwhelmed with work and trying to get writing stuff out into the world, and I'd rather read for friends and spontaneous blog posts are so much easier. So , I'm going to go read all your posts you loved and beg forgiveness, and say, why not pick somebody to take my place that feels like playing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lady thank you so much for considering me. Allow me to kiss you and give you a huge hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaye,
    Absolutely. Do what you need to do. (You're right, this one did take me a while!) I'll just go peruse your blog the old-fashioned way :)

    Unikorna,
    *kisses and huge hug right back* !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lora,
    I must say, you have some awesome posts here! I read through all of them and loved them--the query one is so heplful and the motivation equation for writers--that was brilliant! Oh, and the one one love. (Love it, heh heh.)
    Thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you participated in this. I knew you'd have great posts to share.

    ReplyDelete