Which means I should be running errands, not blogging, which I'm supposed to do on Sunday.
But hey! You know how life is. Sometimes you're at home, writing, reading, editing, the works. And sometimes, you're dancing around LA without your hammer.
... Er... Without your hammer...
So that's where I was Sunday--over at Anime LA, performing as Amy Rose again for Random Encounters. The panel went really well. Fun Stuff.
Which might (or might not) be the reason I received the Versatile Blogger Award from YA author and animal trainer LisaAnn Chickos over at Kicked, Cornered, Bitten and Chased. Thanks, Lisa! If you love animals and writing, definitely check out her blog. Always interesting and extremely well researched.
Now, the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
~~ 7 random pieces of information ~~
- My brother is having himself cryogenically frozen. Only costs about $25K.
- My great-grandfather was for serious like a really bad Nazi. Like a really bad one.
- My grandfather was a microbiologist who spent his life's research on energy production via the excretions of trash-eating microbes. Yuck.
- I have elevated antibodies to crab. Basically, if I eat the pincered folk and then do something that circulates blood faster -- e.g. exercise, drink alcohol, stress myself out -- I break out in severe hives.
- The first novel I wrote was 250K words long. At age 18, I printed that bad boy out, packaged it up, and sent it over the transom to Tor. #fail
- I love airports
- and toe socks.
Most of my fellow bloggers have already received this award,
but I'll go ahead and nominate a few:
- @CNHolmberg at her blog, Myself as Written: Charlie's posts are always thoughtful and interesting. I personally love her Link Blitz series. It's fantastic when somebody else does the sniffing around for great tidbits on writing and other fun stuff.
- @KristaVanDolzer at her blog Mother. Write. (Repeat.): Krista offers a constant a schmorgesborg of writerly goodies. She is, at present, having a baby, so she's taking a short break for child #3. But expect great things from her. Her Agent Interviews and Agent's Inbox series have been wildly popular.
- @Unikornaa at her blog Why I Wake Up Every Day: This isn't a writing blog, but I've found her sometimes racy, always thought-provoking, often heartbreaking stories fodder for my writing. She's graceful and kindhearted, and has become a great blogging friend. Right now, she's going through a tough time, so send your thoughts her way. She's also getting married!